Winter. For most, not the most enjoyable season of the year. A lot of people get sick, even more complain about the weather and a small fraction break out their slow cookers, stew pots and casserole dishes and plan the warm hearty meals they will make for the family.
Here at Club Fossam, anything with rice and a sauce that can soak through is a winner as our little guy loves rice and will often be asking for more. So for dinner I decided to make a creamy prawn curry. Another win for the kitchen as Roman also loves eating prawns. Not really a winter warmer as such, but the chilli certainly adds a little heat to the palette of flavours.
Below are the ingredients and how to go about making it however, I mixed it up a little and decided to chop up the chilli, some parsley and mix it through a garlic confit I made (recipe can be found here) marinade the prawns for a few hours and then added to recipe as required.
What you’ll need:
1 large onion peeled and quartered
2 cloves of garlic peeled
1 teaspoon sweet paprika, ground
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
3 large red chillies
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tsp brown sugar
1000g peeled, deveined prawns
What you need to do is:
- Place onion, garlic, paprika, turmeric and chillies into the mixing bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 7. Use spatula to push mixture down sides of the bowl. Chop for another 5 sec/speed 7.
- Add the oil and sauté for 3 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add the cream to the bowl and cook for 3 mins/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Add prawns and sugar to the bowl. Cook for 5 mins/90 degrees/reverse/soft speed.
- Serve over rice that you have cooked and enjoy.
What I learnt… I should of added peas for a bit of colour (thanks Mum).
Until next time…